Saturday 26 November 2016

Target audience research:

Target Audience Research:

1. What is your favourite film genre?


2. Have you heard of film noir?


3. What do you expect to see in a crime fiction/drama film?


4. Have you heard of any film noir style films?

5. What story lines would you like to see in a film?
6. What do you think makes a good opening sequence?
7. What themes appeal to you in a film? 
8. What makes you want to watch a film? 
9. What genre do you dislike?
10. How often do you go to the cinema?



1. It was evident that the most popular film genre was comedy from the diagram. This was not helpful in the sense that my film genre is not associated with comedy, however this enables me to be able to encourage my target to try to engage in film noir. This will also help me make sure that my opening sequence is up to a standard that will assists my target audience with liking and taking an interest in film noir. 







2. I wasn't too surprised that my target audience had not heard of film noir before. This was due to the preferred film genre and the statistic of people that liked drama films. 





3. My target audience stated that they would most likely expect to see common themes of murder and crime. This was useful information due to the fact that this means that I will be able to include both these themes in my opening sequence. This will therefore please my target audience and make my opening sequence more successful. 





4. I was not shocked to hear that majority of people had not heard of any film noir styles, this was because of the results of the second question. Due to this statistic I am able to use this to my advantage because i am able to perfect the noir styles as much as possible to help with the success of the opening sequence. 






5.   It was evident from the pie chart that the both options were equally enjoyed as story lines. This was useful because it then meant that i was able to construct my opening sequence to have an interesting story line, but unpredictable events at the same time. 





6. The clear answer and most popular option was cliffhangers. This was useful to me because I am now able to add in a cliff hanger that is unexpected to the audience. The second most popular option (which wasn't too far behind) was exciting characters. This is also a huge help to me, this is because I am now able to include exciting characters as well as cliff-hangers. 







7.  The most common theme that is favourited is murder with 45% and  mystery not far behind with 43%. I am able to use this information to my advantage because I can then place both these themes in my opening sequence, this will therefore please my target audience and then help my opening sequence become a success.













8. The most popular option for question 8 was a good trailer- this is what would make my target audience want to watch a film. I can use this information wisely by making my opening sequence good enough to hopefully change their minds. 











9. I found from my target audience that they disliked horror films the most. They all roughly said that the reason they are not big fans is because the story lines are usually the same. 















10. The results showed that most people go to the cinema once every few months, the second most popular occurrence was once every month.








No comments:

Post a Comment